how to use fabric glue on lace
Fabric glue is a great way to attach lace to fabric, and it can be used to create a variety of different looks. Whether you’re looking to add a bit of extra detail to a garment or create a unique design, fabric glue is an easy and effective way to get the job done. Here’s how to use fabric glue on lace.
1. Prepare the fabric and lace. Before you begin, make sure that the fabric and lace are clean and free of any dirt or debris. If the fabric is wrinkled, iron it before you begin.
2. Cut the lace to the desired size. Measure the fabric and cut the lace to the desired size. Make sure that the lace is slightly larger than the fabric so that it will cover the entire area.
3. Apply the fabric glue. Use a brush or a sponge to apply the fabric glue to the back of the lace. Make sure that the glue is evenly distributed and that it covers the entire area.
4. Place the lace on the fabric. Carefully place the lace on the fabric, making sure that it is centered and that the edges are lined up.
5. Press the lace into place. Use your fingers or a flat object to press the lace into place. Make sure that the edges are firmly adhered to the fabric.
6. Allow the glue to dry. Allow the glue to dry completely before moving on to the next step. This may take several hours, depending on the type of glue you are using.
7. Trim the excess lace. Once the glue is dry, use scissors to trim away any excess lace.
8. Finish the edges. To finish the edges, you can either use a zigzag stitch or a serger. This will help to prevent the lace from fraying.
Using fabric glue to attach lace to fabric is a great way to add a unique touch to any garment. With a few simple steps, you can easily create a beautiful and professional-looking design. Just make sure that you use the right type of glue and that you allow it to dry completely before moving on to the next step. With a bit of patience and practice, you’ll be able to create stunning designs with fabric glue and lace.