how to make a lace trimmed handkerchief
• Sewing machine
• Measuring tape
1. Begin by measuring the handkerchief. Measure the length and width of the handkerchief and then measure the lace trim to make sure it is the same size.
2. Cut the lace trim to the same size as the handkerchief.
3. Pin the lace trim to the handkerchief. Make sure to pin it securely so that it does not move while you are sewing.
4. Iron the handkerchief and lace trim to make sure that it is flat and smooth.
5. Thread the sewing machine with thread that matches the color of the lace trim.
6. Sew the lace trim to the handkerchief. Start at one corner and sew around the edges of the handkerchief. Make sure to backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam.
7. Trim any excess thread and remove the pins.
8. Iron the handkerchief one more time to make sure that the lace trim is securely attached.
Your lace trimmed handkerchief is now complete! This is a great way to add a special touch to any handkerchief. You can also use this technique to add lace trim to other items such as pillowcases, tablecloths, and more. Have fun and get creative!