how to connect lace trim to sleeve
Lace trim is a great way to add a touch of elegance to any garment. Whether you’re making a dress, blouse, or jacket, adding lace trim to the sleeves can give your garment a unique and stylish look. Here’s how to connect lace trim to a sleeve.
1. Measure the sleeve. Measure the length of the sleeve from the shoulder to the cuff. This will help you determine how much lace trim you need to purchase.
2. Purchase the lace trim. Choose a lace trim that is the same color as the fabric of the sleeve. Make sure to buy enough trim to cover the entire length of the sleeve.
3. Cut the lace trim. Cut the lace trim to the same length as the sleeve. Make sure to leave a few extra inches of trim at the ends so that you can attach it to the sleeve.
4. Pin the trim to the sleeve. Place the trim along the edge of the sleeve and pin it in place. Make sure to leave a few extra inches of trim at the ends so that you can attach it to the sleeve.
5. Sew the trim to the sleeve. Using a sewing machine, sew the trim to the sleeve. Start at one end of the sleeve and sew along the edge of the trim. Make sure to backstitch at the beginning and end of the seam.
6. Trim the excess trim. Once the trim is sewn to the sleeve, trim off any excess trim.
7. Finish the edges. To finish the edges of the trim, use a zigzag stitch or an overcast stitch. This will help prevent the trim from fraying.
8. Press the trim. Use an iron to press the trim flat. This will help the trim lay flat against the sleeve.
Now that you know how to connect lace trim to a sleeve, you can add a touch of elegance to any garment. With a few simple steps, you can easily add lace trim to any sleeve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?