how to finish lace trim around sleeves
Lace trim around sleeves is a beautiful way to add a touch of elegance to any garment. Whether you’re making a dress, blouse, or jacket, finishing the lace trim around the sleeves can be a tricky task. Here are some tips to help you get the perfect finish.
1. Start by cutting the lace trim to the desired length. Make sure to leave a few extra inches of trim so that you can make adjustments if needed.
2. Pin the lace trim to the sleeve, starting at the shoulder seam. Make sure to pin the trim in place securely.
3. Sew the lace trim to the sleeve using a zigzag stitch. This will help to keep the trim in place and prevent it from fraying.
4. Once the trim is sewn in place, you can finish the edges. You can either use a serger to finish the edges or use a zigzag stitch to create a neat finish.
5. If you’re using a serger, make sure to use a thread that matches the color of the lace trim. This will help to create a seamless finish.
6. If you’re using a zigzag stitch, make sure to use a thread that is slightly darker than the lace trim. This will help to create a subtle contrast and make the trim stand out.
7. Once the edges are finished, you can press the trim with an iron. Make sure to use a pressing cloth to protect the lace trim from heat damage.
8. Finally, you can hand stitch the trim in place. This will help to keep the trim secure and prevent it from fraying.
These steps will help you get the perfect finish for your lace trim around the sleeves. With a little patience and practice, you’ll be able to create a beautiful and professional-looking finish.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?