how to add lace trim
Adding lace trim to a garment or fabric is a great way to add a touch of elegance and femininity to any project. Whether you’re making a dress, a skirt, a blouse, or a quilt, lace trim can be used to add a unique and beautiful touch. Here’s how to add lace trim to your project.
1. Measure the area where you want to add the lace trim. Measure the length and width of the area, and then add an extra inch or two to each measurement to allow for the trim.
2. Cut the lace trim to the desired length. Make sure to leave a few extra inches at the end so that you can sew it in place.
3. Pin the lace trim in place. Start at one end and work your way around the area, pinning the lace trim in place. Make sure to keep the pins close together so that the lace trim stays in place.
4. Sew the lace trim in place. Use a sewing machine or hand stitch the lace trim in place. Make sure to use a thread that matches the color of the lace trim.
5. Trim any excess lace trim. If there is any excess lace trim, trim it off with a pair of scissors.
6. Finish the edges. If you want to give the edges of the lace trim a finished look, you can use a zigzag stitch or a serger stitch.
7. Press the lace trim. Use an iron to press the lace trim in place. Make sure to use a pressing cloth to protect the lace trim from the heat of the iron.
Adding lace trim to a project is a great way to add a touch of elegance and femininity. With these simple steps, you can easily add lace trim to any project.