how to hand sew lace trim
Hand sewing lace trim is a great way to add a beautiful, delicate touch to any project. Whether you’re making a dress, a quilt, or a pillow, lace trim can add a unique and elegant look. Here’s how to hand sew lace trim:
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need a needle, thread, scissors, and the lace trim.
2. Cut the lace trim to the desired length. Make sure to leave a few extra inches so you can adjust the length if needed.
3. Thread the needle and tie a knot at the end.
4. Place the lace trim on the fabric where you want it to be sewn.
5. Begin sewing the lace trim to the fabric. Start at one end and use a running stitch to sew the lace trim to the fabric.
6. When you reach the end of the lace trim, tie a knot to secure it in place.
7. Trim any excess thread.
8. If you need to adjust the length of the lace trim, you can do so by cutting it to the desired length and then re-sewing it in place.
9. Once you’re finished, you can press the lace trim with an iron to make sure it’s secure.
Hand sewing lace trim is a great way to add a unique and delicate touch to any project. With a few simple steps, you can easily sew lace trim to any fabric. Just remember to use a running stitch and tie a knot at the end to secure the lace trim in place. With a little practice, you’ll be able to hand sew lace trim like a pro!